Post Holdings Director of Marketing - Natural/Organic - Lakeville, MN in Lakeville, Minnesota
Three Sisters (3SIS), the natural/organic business unit of Post Consumer Brands (PCB), was created when three companies came together with a wide range of sensible, sustainable and delicious choices. With nearly 50% of US households actively seeking better-for-you products, 3SIS is a “company within a company” established to manage a growing portfolio of N/O cereal, granola and salty snack brands. We are looking to add Director of Marketing to our team in order to maintain the strength and relevance of our brands. If you have the skills and experiences outlined below we would love to hear from you!
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading all brand management activities within 3SIS. This leader will manage the strategic development and execution of business plans to deliver target revenue and profit objectives. The Director of Marketing sits on the 3SIS Leadership team and collaborates closely with the 3SIS General Manager. The role also works closely with PCB’s marketing team, including the Director of Marketing for Post Cereals.
The Director of Marketing manages a set of core N/O brands and leads the strategic direction of the overall brand architecture, consumer communication, and innovation. The role directs and manages the strategic development and execution of new product launches and consumer communication activities, including advertising, public relations, and digital initiatives. Internally, the role partners with Integrated Marketing, Consumer Insights, Business and Trade Solutions, and Creative Services to ensure alignment among all groups. . Externally, the role owns all agency relationships and negotiations with various partners.
The Director of Marketing will drive enhanced organizational capability by building a core team of highly capable and committed marketing leaders with strong coaching, mentoring, and focus on people development.
• Drive the strategic vision for the PCB N/O Brands.
• Drive the strategic development and implementation of business plans and budgets.
• Champion the evaluation of the spending efforts to drive continuous improvement and optimization of spending.
• Lead all consumer communication activities, including advertising, digital, social media, shopper marketing, and consumer promotions.
• Expand PCB N/O expertise, creating an advantage in this critical area.
• Drive the product commercialization process, working closely with Consumer Insights, R&D, Operations, Finance, and Sales to develop a viable new product pipeline.
• Partner closely with Insights to leverage consumer and shopper insights to identify opportunities to grow share and market penetration.
• Partner with Consumer Promotions to identify long-term strategic partners to strengthen our value proposition with consumers
• Work collaboratively with Creative Services to update and enhance packaging graphics and communication
• Build the 3-year innovation roadmap, gaining consensus throughout the organization and engaging supporting functions, including R&D, to bring the product vision to life.
• Ensure ongoing brand renovation to enhance consumer delight.
• Partner with agencies in the development of consumer communication and programming across multiple media channels.
• Effectively demonstrate strong financial skills and ability to evaluate financial implications of decisions in delivering the revenue, share and profit targets in the business plan.
• Effectively demonstrate operational understanding and ability to evaluate the implications of operational decisions on costs and complexity within the Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Sales.
• Coach and develop a team of multiple direct and indirect reports; Initially will manage a team of up to 4.
• Foster an environment that stimulates open communication, creativity, and teamwork to drive results.
• Lead efforts to build the N/O long range plan.
• 10+ years consumer marketing experience with increasing responsibility; food marketing experience a plus
• Experience in the N/O Channel and product category required
• BA in marketing, business, or other related field required; MBA preferred
• Track record of delivering profitable growth
• Team player with a strong drive for results
• Demonstrated success in brand building, new product development, and commercialization required
• Experience with managing direct reports and negotiating with agency partners
• Strong interpersonal, business communication and analytical skills
• Recent experience across all classes of trade
• Creative, product development experience preferred
• Strong consumer and customer understanding, results oriented with demonstrated record of success
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.