Post Holdings Supply Chain Planning Manager - Lakeville, MN in Lakeville, Minnesota
Under the direction of the Sr. Director Supply Chain Planning, the Supply Chain Planning Manager is accountable for the development and execution of corporate strategies and plans to meet customer service goals and optimize finished goods inventory levels. The incumbent is responsible for effective plan execution in one of following areas; master supply planning, inventory strategy and planning, or production strategy and planning for postproduction assembly and co-manufactured items and product deployment within these respective work groups. This position is accountable for adopting and maintaining the management operating system within the respective planning functions. Responsible for collaborating with manufacturing sites to create, audit and optimize the total company supply, capacity and inventory plan to improve service and total cost performance. It is important to develop strategies and practices that support customer service, production, and continuous improvement initiatives through communicated objectives and day-to-day operational goals. Position seeks to reduce variances in organizational processes and leverages technology to positively impact quality and results. This position has a key role in developing and executing the strategic direction for objectives in network efficiency and inventory optimization specifically. Management duties include supervising master supply planners or production planners, working with the broader supply chain functions, customer strategy and trade, business leadership group, business operations and finance in understanding supply and inventory implications of activities and events.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Lead and champion supply chain planning strategies and efforts that increase efficiency, profitability, and sustain company growth. Develop relationships with functional departments and supply chain teams to ensure cohesive planning and alignment.
• Plan and manage department policies, processes and practices to ensure that supply chain planning disciplines are consistent and aligned with company business goals and objectives.
• Translate the detailed plans into meaningful information for use by other departments.
• Establish, deploy, and assess standard business practices within the supply chain planning process. Ensure coordination and integration of planning policies, standard processes and programs are meeting customer expectations and driving operational efficiencies.
• Implement, adopt, and audit the management operating system for supply chain planning.
• Represent network production plans in escalation. Coordinate and communicate impact.
• In collaboration with Supply Chain leadership teams, establish a culture of continuous improvement across the supply chain planning teams to eliminate waste and defects throughout the processes.
• Establish individual and team performance direction. Ensure supply chain planning teams follow appropriate processes and procedures, leading changes or improvements as needed. Removes barriers when needed.
• Develop and maintain metrics that measure and communicate performance (i.e. case fill, OTIF, inventory metrics including excess and secondary sales, production plan performance, etc.).
• Represent Supply Chain Planning as a strategic business partner with all departments to coordinate activities within the company to drive decision quality.
• Prepare annual and long range Supply Chain Planning plans that summarize how the department will support Company objectives.
Leadership Competencies: customer focus, drive for results; command skills; action-oriented; managerial courage; conflict management; problem solving; managing vision and purpose; interpersonal savvy; business acumen, total work systems.
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or related field is preferred
• Integrated planning systems training like ERP/DRP/MPS/MRP/CRP is required
• Would prefer a minimum of 7-10 years of combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging, including at least 2 years of manufacturing experience
• Strong knowledge of Supply Chain management systems and processes
• Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
• Able to build relationships and inspire others
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.