Post Holdings Plant Maintenance Technician - Sulphur Springs in Sulphur Springs, Texas
The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintain highly technical and automated equipment to include fillers, case packers, and palletizers, also to include process systems, ammonia refrigeration equipment, high-pressure boilers, air compressors, and other building utilities. Experience in food packaging environment is a plus.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
· Ensure that all equipment is kept in a proper and safe working condition
· Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries
· Direct and ensure that all scheduled Preventive Maintenance duties are completed
· Practice proper forklift operation
· Communicate with all plant personnel
· Maintain facility housekeeping
· Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
· Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is not operating properly
Bob Evans Farms proudly offers a comprehensive, market-competitive array of benefit options that are designed to meet your personal and financial needs.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
· Advanced industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
· Understand purpose and proper use of small hand and power tools
· Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools, in a sanitary food environment
· Understanding of electrical schematics and documentation
· Familiar with Conveyors, Palletizing Equipment, Case Packers, Pumps, Gearboxes, etc
· Equipment maintenance experience.
· Familiar with lock out tag out procedures.
· Ability to work in elevated areas and hot and cold conditions.
· Familiar with PLC controls and computer operated equipment.
· Electrical knowledge of 3 phase and DC systems.
This position should possess the following interpersonal skills:
· Strong time management and task prioritization skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel
· Basic computer skills
· Ability to work in a Team Environment
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Continuing Education certifications, preferred
· 3-5 Years Experience in Industrial Machinery Maintenance or relatable experience, food industry experience a plus.*
· 3-5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing industry
· Prior maintenance experience in a food manufacturing environment a plus
· Ability to lift 75 pounds
· Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in a non-climate controlled environment
· Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
· Pay Details: Competitive Wage
· Shift: Hours will vary (including some PM work on some Saturday's)* *
· Work Week: Full Time - 40 hours or more per week
Language: Must Speak, Read and Write English-Fluently, Spanish speaking is a plus
. (Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.)
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group